How to write a Delegate Announcement Thread

Title

Start your thread title with [ANN], and preferably include some keywords that would define some key features.

For example: [ANN] My Sweet nOS Delegate - Games - nOS developers - New Apps.

Voters can instantly recognize that you do something with games, new apps, and are contributing to nOS codebase development.

Resources

First, read through the nOS Whitepaper 2.0 (specifically the section “Benefits of Voting and Staking”). There are examples of what services could help garner votes.

Second, look at ARKDelegates.io to see what delegates are doing on the public ARK blockchain for inspiration.

Remember, each wallet can vote for one delegate, with their voting weight calculated by their NOS balance and stake.

Goals

Most importantly: will you offer a curator service? As a delegate, you can maintain a database of apps which are listed on the nOS App Store and any other app directory service.

Keep your thread simple and to the point.

If possible, use images and other media. People love pictures and videos!

Make sure to present yourself in an original way.

Put in the work. People will usually vote for a delegate if they can put in the work. If a delegate can’t maintain a good forum post, why should they be able to maintain a decentralized network?

Your announcement thread should at the minimum answer the following questions:

• What makes you unique?

• Why should people vote for you?

• Why will people want to increase their voting weight for you?

• How will you contribute to the ecosystem?

• How will you utilize your collected block rewards?

Delegate Requirements

To run a delegate, you’ll need to run a forging node and two or three relay nodes.
You can run everything using VPS servers.
Here are the specs:

Forging Nodes - Your “main” server that forges new blocks and gathers block rewards.

• Ubuntu 16.x / 18.x
  • 2 CPU
  • 8GB RAM
  • 20+ GB SSD (HDD)

Relay Nodes - The nodes that expose API endpoints to interact with the blockchain. Relays also receive signed transactions and forward them to the blockchain for forging. You’ll want to run at least two.

• Ubuntu 16.x / 18.x
  • 1 CPU
  • 3GB-4GB RAM
  • 20+ GB SSD (HDD)

Good luck!

2 Likes

Looking forward to Delegates and curators giving me incentives to get my vote

2 Likes